Something I like simply as a local and professionally as a guide. Places where we like to go with our friends and guests. Feel them yourself and let us know how you liked them ;)
❤️ Closer to the sky:
• panorama of Subaciaus;
• Jonų Bell Tower (closed October-April);
• Catheadral Bell Tower;
• Three Crosses Hill;
• TV tower (catch a bus or a cab);
• Radisson Blu Lietuva Skybar.
• University inside yards;
• Užupis Republic (don’t miss Art Incubator, Angel and the Constitution);
• Ausras or Dawn Gates chapel;
• Jewish Getto (we are on the entrance);
• random Oldtown yards (be relaxed to get lost and walk inside each of it — most of them are in UNESCO list).
❤️ Interesting history:
• KGB jail (with guide is much better)
• Cathedral undergrounds (entrance just with a guide)
• St. Casimir chapel in the Cathedral;
• Sanctuary of the Divine Mercy with the magical painting. It is open 24/7;
• Money museum in Gediminas st.
❤️ Feel the vibes of daily life:
• OPEN KITCHEN every Friday in Tymo turgus (summer time only);
• SAVICIAUS ST. full of pubbing action;
• VILNIAUS ST. full of action all year round. The main CLUBS & PUBS street;
• HALE MARKET – grocery and fresh food tasting.
❤️ Other TRUE VIBES and the souvenirs:
• MINT VINETU – the second hand bookshop with amazing vibes;
• TERRA RECOGNITA true silver and stone things made by famous local artist — gallery in Stikliu st (ask Grasilda to tell the stories about the meaning and be impressed);
• BALTIC ETHNO SHOP (more on FB): the true things hand made in LT;
• RAGAINE (S. Skapo 3) — I believe they are probably the best :) Music and other truly authentic souvenirs;
• THE OLD CRAFT WORKSHOPS (Saviciaus3) — local craft and souvenirs.